ES2007S was by far the most enjoyable module that I have
taken in NUS. It might be because all my other modules in this semester are
content-based whereas ES2007S was more project and skill-based but nonetheless
it made my other modules bearable as well. Maybe you find it hard to believe, but I
used to look forward to every class and I will not forget rushing for the 11:50
bus to get to class on time. (I had a class before the lesson which is why I
took this bus.)
I have learned something from every component of this
module, the peer teaching, the application letter, the interviews, the oral
presentation, and the blogging. I realized that interviews require a
significant amount of preparation and you cannot simply rely on good luck to
ace an interview. I also learnt about Emotional Intelligence which facilitates
effective communication and require understanding others. It is becoming
increasingly important at the workplace and is the key for personal branding.
Now I really understand the words of late Dhirubhai Ambani, a self-made
billionaire who started as a petrol pump attendant, “Secret of my success was
to have ambition and know minds of people”.
But my main objective behind taking this module was to be
exceptionally good at presenting. I know I have not achieved this aim yet but I
can say with absolute certainty that I have improved significantly. Before
taking this module, I used to be nervous while presenting in front of an
audience. For the peer-teaching presentation, I thought I prepared well but
again I was nervous while starting on my part. I knew that to improve for the
next presentation would require significant preparation. Feedback from my team
members and Mdm Fazilah helped greatly in preparation for the oral
presentation. I was awake for the whole night before the presentation (for
other work) and was finding it hard to recall all the points from my speech but
still, I think, I did quite well for the final presentation. I know there is
still a large room for improvement but at least now I am more confident in
presenting and know how to improve further.
I can keep writing but it should end. I would like to thank
Mdm Fazilah for her constant feedback and for being so approachable and
friendly throughout the course. It was an absolute privilege Mdm Fazilah to
have a brilliant and understanding teacher like you as our instructor.
As a significant part of this module is learning from peers,
I would also like to thank all my classmates for their teaching and answers to
our queries. I would also like to thank my team members, Anna and Yuki, for being so supportive
and encouraging. I would like to thank Maolei,
Rachael and LiYing for their thoughtful feedback on my interview. If I forgot
to thank anybody, I hope you will understand.
I believe that it was the whole class effort and a superb
instructor that made this module so enjoyable for me. I would also like to wish
everybody all the best for their upcoming exams. Thank you everybody, you are
all very amazing people.
No comments:
Post a Comment