Sunday, 17 November 2013

Reflection on Team-based Research Project Proposal (Post #3)



I have learnt many new things from this module and acquired necessary skills for the workplace. The Team-based Project Proposal alone has provided me important ‘takeaways’ for the workplace. I aim to firmly hold on to the positive ‘takeaways’ and, of course, lose the negative ones. 

An aspect which I believe our team was really good at was the support and understanding that we had for each other. This is the most important ‘value’, in my opinion, required at workplace. From the course I have learnt the importance of being empathetic in everyday conversations and how it can permanently affect relationships at workplace. Because all our team members were from different faculties, our timetables and exam periods were different and so was the ‘stress period’. But every team member constantly encouraged the one who was going through his/her stressful time. This is an essential lesson for workplace as we spend significant time with our colleagues and healthy relationships demand understanding and support from both sides.

However, what our team lacked was a clear plan in the initial stages itself. Everything seems to fall out of place without a well thought and realistic plan. We should have, or at least I should have, planned ahead for future commitments and avoid unnecessary stress during the most critical time of the semester. Another issue is following that plan. Even if we have the most efficient plan for our projects it will not run smoothly, the way we want it to, if we do not stick to it. These will be few lessons but important lessons that I will be leaving with from this project proposal. Lessons learnt here will definitely be useful in the workplace as similar situations and projects are there as well. I intend to learn from my mistakes in this module and be better equipped for my work life or even future projects in the university.

No comments:

Post a Comment